The eLearning Cafe’s mission statement is to provide motivated learners of all ages with advanced educational opportunities, both onsite and online, in an atmosphere conducive to learning, mentoring and socialization.
Uniquely based in Incline Village, Nevada on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, the eLearning cafes provide a relaxed environment to chat with friends, sip a warm drink, and of course discover new ways to learn!
eLearning Cafe was founded by Kathryn Kelly, a local parent and science teacher who is passionate about bringing the best of online learning and onsite teaching to the Incline community. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Human Biology from Stanford, master’s and doctorate degrees in Public Health from the toxicology program at Columbia, and she is working on her Master’s of Education in Learning and Technology from Western Governors University. She teaches college science online, and she holds a Nevada Special Qualifications License to teach secondary school biology and environmental science. She has taught her sons through both Connections and K12 schools the past five years.
To see our official 501(c)(3) determination letter, click here.
Benefits of Blended Learning
- Provide highly differentiated, individualized instruction
- Deliver content by several means (auditory, visual, reading, etc.) according to student ability
- Global access to high-quality, proven academic content often not available to small communities
- Student ability to control the pace of information until it is mastered means truly no child is left behind
- Mastery-based programs ensure content proficiency
- On-demand access allows student and family flexibility
- Less time in class and on homework as individualized content is mastered more quickly
- “Mass customization” of content allows efficient and cost-effective delivery of high-quality content
- Neuroscience-based teaching and learning methods are continuously integrated into course content
- Academic content is quickly up-dated to reflect new discoveries
In lieu of an annual report (coming in January), click here to see a summary of our accomplishments for the first nine months: